Hello Magic Textiles family! We’re thrilled to share some essential artwork tips to help you achieve the best possible print results. We understand that preparing your artwork for print can be a bit daunting, especially if you’re new to the process. But don’t worry, we’ve got your back!
- High DPI/Resolution Files: To ensure the highest quality prints, we recommend using files with a high DPI (dots per inch). A DPI of 300 is our minimum recommendation, but remember, the higher the DPI, the larger the file size. So, balance is key!
- Text & Logo Placement: It’s crucial to ensure that your text and logos don’t overlap with hems and sewing lines. To achieve this, overlay templates on your designs and maintain a safe distance from the edges. For instance, if you’re designing a tea towel, keep any text or logos at least 4cm away from the artwork edge.
- Artwork Size: Your artwork must match the size stated on our product templates for us to print it accurately. So, always double-check the specified artwork size for each product.
- Colour Profile Consistency: To keep colours consistent, we suggest working towards a single colour profile. For RGB files, we recommend using “eciRGB_v2”, and for CMYK profiles, use “Coated FOGRA39 (ISO 12647-2/2004).’prof’”.
- File Format Consistency: Ensure all your files are in the same format to maintain consistent colours. For instance, if you’re using .Tiff files (which we recommend), avoid mixing them with .JPEG, .PNG, or .PDF files.
- Colour Format Consistency: The same colour in CMYK and RGB will print differently. So, make sure all your files are in the same colour format for the colours to match.
- Colour Match Across Products: If you’re using the same design across different products, ensure the colours match. Sometimes, adding designs to different documents can alter the colour if they’re not in the same document setup.
- Flattened Artwork: Before sending your artwork to us, make sure it’s flattened. Delete any template layers or layers you don’t want to appear on the final print.
Remember, the Magic Textiles team is always here to help. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We can’t wait to see your stunning designs come to life!